Territorial Army (TA) invites online applications from Indian citizens (male and female) for recruitment as an Officer through Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) for Commission. The TA is a part of Indian Army which enables motivated young citizens to serve the nation in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. Eligible candidates can apply online for the TA Officer Vacancies through jointerritorialarmy.gov.in from 20 July to 19 August 2021. Territorial Army Recruitment TA Officer Bharti 2021-2022 as online application form, eligibility, salary, selection process, PIB exam syllabus, centres, notification etc latest information is given below.
Territorial Army Officer Recruitment 2021-22
Age Limit – 18 to 42 years as closing date of application i.e 19 Aug 2021.
Education Qualification – Graduate from any recognized university and gainfully employed in Central Govt/ Semi Govt/ Private Sector/ Self Employed. Serving members of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
Physical Standards – Candidates must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
TA Officer Selection Procedure
Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (written exam and interview) by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) at the respective TA Group Headquarters. Candidate qualified in written exam of PIB are required to carry essential original documents with attested copies at the time of interview. Thereafter, successful male and female candidates will further undergo tests at a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection depending upon vacancies as per organizational requirement.
Embodiment for Training
1. One month basic training in the first year of commission.
2. Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
3. Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at OTA Chennai.
Terms and Conditions of Service
1. Territorial Army is part time concept with mandatory two months training in a year and does not provide full time career.
2. Serving in Territorial Army do not guarantee pension and the same is subject to embodied service as per organizational requirement.
3. Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
4. Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
5. Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
6. Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
TA Officer Pay Scale (Salary) As per 7th CPC
Online Application Form, Notification and Important Dates
Eligible and desirous candidates can apply online for the Territorial Army Officer Recruitment through the official website www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in from 20 July to 19 August 2021. To apply online, firstly login to TA official website and then go to registration page to register yourself as a new user (direct links are given below). Thereafter you can proceed to submit the online application using registered email id and password. After submission of online application take the print out of application form for record/reference. The printout of the application form is not required to send to the TA Group Headquarter.
Examination fee – Candidates are required to pay Rs 200/- as exam fee through the modes prescribed on the official website.
For more details about TA Officer Bharti 2021-2022, you are advised to go through the official recruitment notification by downloading in pdf format from the link provided below.
See also: Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme Recruitment 2021-2022
Login to TA Official Website
Register and Submit Online Form
TA Officer Recruitment Notification
Submission of online application commences from – 20 July, 2021
Last date of submission of online application – 19 August, 2021 (11.59 PM)
Written Exam date – 26 September, 2021 (Sunday)
TA Officer PIB Exam Syllabus, Centre and Documents
The exam will be held at Jaipur, Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Darjeeling, Guwahati, Dimapur, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Shimla, Delhi, Ambala, Hisar, Lucknow, Allahabad, Agra, Bhubaneswar, Dehradun, Udhampur, Srinagar and Nagrota centres. Written Exam for Territorial Army Officer will be Objective type and conducted on OMR Answer Sheet. The exam will consist of two papers and each paper will be of 02 Hours duration (will be conducted in two sessions). Each question paper will comprise of two parts containing total 100 Objective Type Questions as per the Exam Syllabus (pattern) given below.
Part 1 (Reasoning) – 50 Questions (50 Marks)
Part 2 (Elementary Mathematics) – 50 Questions (50 Marks)
Part 1 (General Knowledge) – 50 Questions (50 Marks)
Part 2 (English) – 50 Questions (50 Marks)
The standard of the paper in Elementary Mathematics will be of 10th (Matriculation) level, and in other subjects the standard of papers will approximately of graduation level. Negative Marking will be applicable for wrong answers marked by candidates in the Objective Type Question Papers. Qualifying Marks in written exam will be minimum 40% in each part of the paper separately and overall average of 50% Marks.
Syllabus for Reasoning
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates ability to complete sequences making logical conclusion based on simple patter of numbers, statements, figures, letters etc as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.
Syllabus for Elementary Mathematics
Arithmetic – Number System: natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers. Fundamental operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fraction.
Unitary Method – Time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory – Division algorithm, prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11. Multiples and factors, factorization theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Algebra – Basic operations, simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous liner equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, rational expressions and conditional identities, laws of indices.
Trigonometry – Sine x, cosine x, tangent x when O° < x < 90°. Values of sine x, cos x and ten x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° & 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
Geometry – Lines and angles, plane and plane figures theorems on: Properties of angles at a point, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles. Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes. Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal, Loci.
Mensutration – Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures (field book). Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular area of cylinders. Surface area and volume of spheres.
Statistics – Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, pie charts etc, Measures of central tendency.
Syllabus for General Knowledge
General knowledge including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on history of India and geography of nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
Syllabus for English Subject
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workman – like use of words. Questions in English are from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks.
TA Officer PIB Exam Centre and Addresses
Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Shimla, Delhi, Ambala and Hisar – PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Western Command, Building No.750, Sector-8B, Chandigarh – 160009. Phone No 0172-2547864.
Lucknow, Allahabad, Agra, Bhubaneswar and Dehradun – PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Central Command, Lucknow (UP) – 226002. Phone No 0522-2482278.
Kolkata, Darjeeling, Guwahati and Dimapur – PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Eastern Command, Fort William, Kolkata (WB) – 700021. Phone No 033-22313227.
Jaipur, Pune, Bengaluru and Hyderabad – PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Southern Command, Pune – 411001. Phone No 0202688123.
Udhampur, Srinagar and Nagrota – PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Northern Command, Udhampur (J&K) – 182101. Phone No 01992 243592.
Documents Required at the time of PIB
Candidates qualified in written exam of Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) are required to carry the following documents in original along with self-attested copies at the time of PIB:
1. Application Form IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part-2 to be downloaded from jointerritorialarmy.gov.in and fill it up in their own hand writing.
2. All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
3. Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
4. Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving license etc).
5. Domicile/ Residential proof.
6. Certificate for proof of age (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet and certificate for verification of date of birth).
7. Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office along with salary certificate and No Objection Certificate by the department as per attached format.
8. Self employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income along with photocopy of PAN card and self certified character certificate.
9. Candidates whose names vary in documents should submit copy of Gazette notification of India/ State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
10. Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax Revenue Department/ Magistrate/ Employer).
11. Copy of PAN Card.
12. Copy of Aadhar Card.
13. Copy of latest Income Tax Return (ITR) filed.
14. Employees of Railways are required to submit No Objection Certificate authenticated by Railway Board.
See also: Indian Army MNS Recruitment B.Sc Nursing Course 2021-2022
See also: Women Military Police Bharti Female Soldier Vacancy 2021-2022
Search any information available on this site by the help of the search box above. You may visit later on this page for more updates related to the current and upcoming Territorial Army Recruitment, TA Officer Bharti Exam etc.