Indian Railways has initiated the recruitment process for the selection of Group D posts (Track Maintainer Grade IV, Assistant Pointsman, Bridge, Loco Shed, Signal and Telecom, Works, Hospital Assistant etc). Candidates preparing for RRB Group D Exam can check here the details about recruitment procedure as Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Document Verification. Indian Railway RRB Group D Selection Process, CBT Exam, Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Required documents, Documentation, exam pattern and syllabus 2019-2020 etc latest information is being provided below.
Indian Railway RRB Group D Selection Process
Hall Ticket/ Admit Card/ Call Letter
You can download Call letter or Admit Card (will not be sent by Post) from the RRBs websites about 10 days before the CBT / PET/ Document Verification exam date. To appear in the exam, carry your e-call letter along with a valid Photo ID proof (Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card etc) and one colour photograph same as uploaded in the application.
For Indian Railway All RRB Group D recruitment registration form, eligibility, vacancy and other details check the related link below.
RRB Group D Computer Based Test (CBT)
Firstly, all eligible candidates will have to undergo Computer Based Test (CBT) scheduled to be held during September-October 2019. The CBT will be of 90 Minutes duration and will consist of an Objective type paper of 100 questions. Minimum 40% marks for UR/ EWS and minimum 30% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates will be mandatory to qualify the CBT Exam.
Question Paper for RRB Group D CBT Exam will comprise of questions based on Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Science and General Awareness & Current Affairs as per the syllabus below.
- General Science – 25 Questions (25 Marks)
- Mathematics – 25 Questions (25 Marks)
- General Intelligence and Reasoning – 30 Questions (30 Marks)
- General Awareness & Current Affairs – 20 Questions (20 Marks)
Indian Railway RRB Group D CBT Syllabus
Mathematics – Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning – Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
General Science – Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard.
General awareness – Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and other subjects of importance.
Group D Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates shortlisted from CBT Exam on the basis of CBT Exam merit will be called for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/RRCs. The PET will be tested as given below:
For Male Candidates – Ability to lift and carry 35 Kgs of weight for a distance of 100 Meters in 2 Minute and ability to run for a distance of 1000 Meters in 04.15 Minutes
For Female Candidates – Ability to lift and carry 20 Kgs of weight for a distance of 100 Meters in 2 Minute and ability to run for a distance of 1000 Meters in 05.40 Minutes
Group D Document Verification (DV)
Finally, candidates will be called for Document Verification on the basis of performance in CBT Exam subject to their qualifying the PET. The following documents will be required in original (as applicable) for Document verification (DV).
Required Documents for Verification
1. Matriculation/ High School Certificate or Equivalent certificate as Proof for Date of Birth
2. NCVT/ SCVT Certificate (As applicable)
3. SC/ST Certificate in the prescribed format
4. OBC-NCL certificate in the prescribed format
5. Non creamy layer declaration by OBC candidates in the prescribed format
6. Income Certificate for Waiving Exam Fee for Economically Backward Classes in the prescribed format
7. Original discharge certificate for Ex-serviceman
8. Photo Copy of both sides of Aadhar Card
9. Medical Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) in the prescribed format
10. NOC from serving employees with date of appointment
11. NOC from Serving Defence Personnel with probable date of discharge
12. Minority Community declaration on Non-judicial Stamp Paper in the prescribed format
13. Gazette notification and/or any Legal document in case of formal change of name
14. Receipt of payment if made through a challan at SBI branch or Pay-in-slip at Post Office
15. Self Certification by the Transgender candidates
16. J&K domicile certificate (if applicable)
17. Certificate of eligibility from Government of India
18. Decree of divorce/judicial separation from the competent Court of Law as applicable and Affidavit stating that the candidate has not remarried
19. Death Certificate of spouse in case of widow candidate and Affidavit stating that the candidate has not remarried
20. Self declaration by Ex-Servicemen candidates who secure civil employment
Final selection of candidates in Group D post will be based on passing medical fitness test, final verification of educational & community (caste) certificates and verification of antecedents/ character.
See also – RRB ALP Technician Selection Process, Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Search any information available on this site by the help of the search box above. You may visit later on this page for other latest updates related to upcoming RRB Group D Selection Process, Bharti Exam Pattern, Syllabus etc.