Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), Indian Railways has initiated the recruitment process for the selection of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technicians. Candidates preparing for RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician posts may check here the details about recruitment procedure such as First and Second Stage CBT Exam, Computer Based Aptitude Test and Document Verification. RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician Selection process, First and Second Stage CBT Exam, Computer Based Aptitude Test, Required documents, Written exam pattern and syllabus 2018-2019 etc latest information is being provided below.
Railway ALP Technician Bharti Exam Selection Procedure
Hall Ticket/ Admit Card/ Call Letter
You can download Call letter or Admit Card (will not be sent by Post) from the RRBs websites about 10 days before the exam date. To appear in the exam, carry your e-call letter along with a valid Photo ID proof (Voter Card, Aadhaar Card etc) and one colour photograph same as uploaded in the application.
For Indian Railway ALP and Technician registration, online form, eligibility, vacancy, official notification and other details check the link below.
See also – RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Technician 26502 Vacancies
1. First Stage CBT Exam (Common for ALP/Technician)
Firstly, all eligible candidates will have to undergo First Stage Computer Based Test (CBT) scheduled to be held during April and May 2018. First Stage CBT will be a common exam for both ALP and Technician posts. This test will be of 1 Hour’ duration and will consist of an Objective type paper of 75 questions. Minimum 40% marks for UR, 30% for OBC/ SC and minimum 25% marks for ST candidates will be mandatory to qualify the First Stage CBT Exam. This test will be of screening nature and will be used only for short listing of candidates for second stage exam.
Question Paper for ALP/Technician CBT 1 Exam will comprise of questions based on Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Science and General Awareness as per the syllabus below.
ALP/Technician Syllabus for First Stage CBT
- Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc
- Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level
- Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and other subjects of importance
2. Second Stage CBT Exam
Candidates shortlisted from First Stage CBT Exam, will be allowed to appear for Second Stage CBT Exam. Short listing of Candidates for the Second Stage CBT exam will be based on the normalized marks obtained by them in the First Stage CBT Exam.
The Second Stage CBT will be of total 2 hours and 30 Minutes duration and will consist of two parts as Part A and Part B as per the details below.
PART A of The Second Stage CBT will be of 90 Minutes duration and will consist of total 100 questions. This test will be used for short listing of candidates for further stages of recruitment process. Minimum 40% marks for UR, 30% for OBC/ SC and minimum 25% marks for ST candidates will be mandatory to qualify the Second Stage CBT.
Question Paper for ALP/Technician CBT 1 Exam (Part A) will comprise of questions based on Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Basic Science & Engineering and General Awareness as per the syllabus below.
ALP/Technician Syllabus for Second Stage CBT (Part A)
Mathematics – Will be the same as First Stage CBT Exam
- Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning – Will be the same as First Stage CBT Exam
- Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and decision making, Similarities and differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.)
3. Basic Science and Engineering
- Engineering Drawing (Projections, Views, Drawing Instruments, Lines, Geometric figures, Symbolic Representation), Units, Measurements, Mass Weight and Density, Work Power and Energy, Speed and Velocity, Heat and Temperature, Basic Electricity, Levers and Simple Machines, Occupational Safety and Health, Environment Education, IT Literacy etc.
4. General Awareness
- Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance
PART B of The Second Stage CBT will be of 60 Minutes duration and will consist of total 75 questions. Minimum 35% marks will be mandatory for all candidates to qualify the Part B.
PART B of The Second Stage CBT will be qualifying in nature and will have questions from the relevant trade syllabus. Candidates with ITI/ Trade Apprenticeship/ Degree, Diploma and HSC (10+2) having eligibility for ALP have to appear in the section selecting the relevant trade. The relevant trades for various engineering discipline/HSC (10+2) for appearing in the qualifying test is as below.
Engineering Discipline and Trade Teat
- Electrical Engineering – Electrician/ Instrument Mechanic/ Wiremen/ Winder (Armature)/ Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Electronics Engineering – Electronics Mechanic/ Mechanic Radio & TV
- Mechanical Engineering – Fitter/ Mechanic Motor Vehicle/ Tractor Mechanic/ Mechanic Diesel/ Turner/ Machinist/ Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic/ Heat Engine/ Millwright Maintenance Mechanic
- Automobile Engineering – Mechanic Motor Vehicle/ Tractor Mechanic/ Mechanic Diesel/ Heat Engine/ Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- HSC (10+2) with Physics and Maths – Electrician/ Electronics Mechanic/ Wireman
3. Computer Based Aptitude Test (Only for ALP)
Candidates opted for the post of ALP will be shortlisted for the Computer Based Aptitude Test (AT) based on their performance in Part A and qualifying the Part B of Second Stage CBT. Such candidate will have to secure minimum 42 marks in each of the test batteries to qualify the AT. For more details about Aptitude Test check the RDSO website.
4. Document Verification
Finally, candidates will be called for Document Verification on the basis of performance in Part A subject to their qualifying the Part B (For Technician posts) and based on the performance of candidates in both Part A and Computer Based AT subject to their qualifying the Part B (For ALP). The following documents will be required in original (as applicable) for verification.
Required Documents for Verification
1. Matriculation/ High School Certificate or Equivalent certificate as Proof for Date of Birth
2. 10 +2/ Inter/ Higher Secondary/ PUC (As applicable)
3. NCVT/ SCVT/ Diploma/ Engineering Degree Certificate with Semester wise Mark Sheets (As applicable)
4. SC/ST Certificate in the prescribed format
5. OBC-NCL certificate in the prescribed format
6. Non creamy layer declaration by OBC candidates in the prescribed format
7. Income Certificate for Waiving Exam Fee for Economically Backward Classes in the prescribed format
8. Original discharge certificate for Ex-serviceman
9. Photo Copy of both sides of Aadhar Card
10. Medical Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) in the prescribed format
11. NOC from serving employees with date of appointment
12. NOC from Serving Defence Personnel with probable date of discharge
13. Minority Community declaration on Non-judicial Stamp Paper in the prescribed format
14. Gazette notification and/or any Legal document in case of formal change of name
15. Receipt of payment if made through a challan at SBI branch or Pay-in-slip at Computerized post office
16. Self Certification by the Transgender candidates
17. J&K domicile certificate (if applicable)
18. Certificate of eligibility from Government of India
19. Decree of divorce/judicial separation from the competent Court of Law as applicable and Affidavit stating that the candidate has not remarried
20. Death Certificate of spouse in case of widow candidate and Affidavit stating that the candidate has not remarried
21. Self declaration by Ex-Servicemen candidates who secure civil employment
5. Final Selection
Final selection of candidates as ALP/Technician will be based on passing medical fitness test, final verification of educational & community certificates and verification of antecedents/ character.
Search any information available on this site by the help of Google custom search box above. You may visit later on this page for other latest updates related to RRB ALP Recruitment Exam, Selection Process, Exam Pattern, Syllabus etc.