Indian Railways has initiated the recruitment process for the selection of Constable and Sub Inspector (SI) in Railway Protection Force (RPF) and Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF). Male and Female (Mahila) candidates preparing for RPF Exam can check here the detailed Selection Procedure, Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Measurement Test (PMT) and Document Verification (DV). RPF Selection Process Constable SI 2018-2019, Physical Test PET/ PMT, Height, Chest, CBT Pattern/ Syllabus, Required Documents etc latest information for Railway Protection Force Bharti Exam is being given below.
RPF Selection Process, CBT Exam, PET PMT and DV
RPF Constable SI Selection Procedure
RPF/ RPSF Constable and SI recruitment tests will be conducted as decided by the Central Recruitment Committee (CRC) at various centers across the country. Candidates whose application forms are found to be in order will be issued Hall Ticket/ Admit Card/ Call Letter. Thereafter, you will have to undergo different phases of RPF selection process as Phase 1 (CBT), Phase 2 (PET / PMT) and Phase 3 (DV) as explained below.
Railway RPF RPSF Constable SI Recruitment latest info as vacancy details, registration, online form, eligibility, official notification and other details can be checked on below link.
See also – RPF Constable SI Recruitment 9739 Vacancies 2018-2019
Firstly, all eligible candidates will have to undergo Computer Based Test (CBT) on respective date, time and venue as given in e-call letter (admit card). The CBT will be of 90 Minutes duration and will consist of an Objective Type paper of 120 questions (1 mark each). 1/3 marks will be deducted as negative marking for every wrong answer marked by candidates.
The standard of exam will be 10th level for Constable and Graduation level for Sub-Inspector. Minimum 35% marks (30% marks for SC/ ST candidates) will be mandatory to qualify the CBT.
Question Paper for the CBT will comprise of questions based on General Awareness, Arithmetic and General Intelligence & Reasoning as per the exam pattern/ syllabus below.
CBT Pattern / Syllabus (Constable and SI)
General awareness – 50 Questions (based on Indian History, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, General Science etc.)
Arithmetic – 35 Questions (based on Number systems, Whole numbers, Decimal and fractions and Relationships between numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and loss, Discount, Use of table and graphs, Mensuration, Time and distance, Ratio and proportion etc.)
General Intelligence and Reasoning – 35 Questions (based on Analogies, Similarities and differences, Spatial visualization, Spatial orientation, Problem solving analysis, Judgment, Decision making, Visual memory, Discriminating observation, Relationship concepts, Arithmetical reasoning, Verbal and figure classification, Arithmetic number series, Non-verbal series, Coding and decoding, Statement conclusion, Syllogistic reasoning etc.)
Phase 2 – Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
Candidates shortlisted from CBT on the basis of merit will be called for PET and PMT. The PET will be of qualifying in nature and it will not carry any marks. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for RPF Constable and SI (Male and Female/ Mahila) posts will be conducted as given below.
Only one chance will be given for the Run/ Race event, while up to 2 chances will be given for Long Jump and High jump.
- Male Candidates: Run – 1600 Meters within 5.45 Minutes, Long Jump – 14 Feet, High Jump – 04 Feet
- Female (Mahila) Candidates: Run – 800 Meters within 3.40 Minutes, Long Jump – 09 Feet, High Jump – 03 Feet
Sub Inspector (SI)
- Male Candidates: Run – 1600 Meters within 6.30 Minutes, Long Jump – 12 Feet, High Jump – 3 Feet 9 Inch
- Female (Mahila) Candidates: Run – 800 Meters within 04 Minutes, Long Jump – 09 Feet, High Jump – 03 Feet
Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
Under the Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Height and Chest for Male / Female (Mahila) Constable and SI post will be measured as follows:
- UR/ OBC Category: Male – 165 Cms and Female – 157 Cms
- SC/ST Category: Male – 160 Cms and Female – 152 Cms
- Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese etc Category: 163 Cms and Female – 155 Cms
Chest (Only for Male Candidates)
- UR/ OBC Category: 80 – 85 Cms
- SC/ST Category: 76.2 – 81.2 Cms
- Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese etc Category: 80 – 85 Cms
Phase 3 – Document Verification
Finally, PET/ PMT qualified candidates will be called for Document Verification on the basis of performance in the CBT. The following documents are required in original with self-attested photocopies (as applicable) for Document verification (DV).
Required Documents for Verification
1. 10th Pass (Matriculation) certificate as proof for Date of Birth
2. 10th Pass certificate/ mark sheet as proof for educational qualification
3. Graduation certificate as proof for educational qualification (for Sub-Inspector post)
4. SC/ ST/ OBC certificate in the prescribed format as attached with the recruitment notice
5. Domicile certificate
6. Discharge certificate for Ex-Serviceman
7. 02 copies of self attested colour photograph
8. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer in case of serving Govt employees
Final selection of candidates in the post of Constable/ Sub Inspector will be based on passing medical fitness test, final verification of educational & category (caste) certificates and verification of antecedents/ character.
See also – RRB ALP Technician Selection Process, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
See also – Railway Group D Selection Process, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Search any information available on this site by the help of Google custom search box above. You may visit later for other latest updates related to RPF Selection Process, Railway Constable SI Physical, Exam Pattern, Syllabus etc.