Indian Army conducts Soldier General Duty (GD) Exam for enrollment in various Arms and Services as fighting troops, drivers, operators, gunners, general duties etc through Recruitment (Bharti) Rallies. The selection process including Common Entrance Examination (CEE) for Soldier GD is organized under All Zones and States as per the recruitment rally programme scheduled by Indian Army. Check the latest Join Indian Army Soldier GD Exam Syllabus, Written exam pattern, Sample question paper, Model paper download, Bharti Selection process, Physical (Height, Chest, Weight), GD Bharti rally notification for all ARO / BRO, Online registration and other related information on this page.
Army GD Selection Process, Syllabus and Question Paper
Indian Army recruits Soldier GD in Arms (Infantry, Artillery, Armoured Corps, Engineers or Army Air Defence) or in Services (Army Service Corps / ASC, Ordnance, Army Medical Corps / AMC). In Arms you could be enrolled as Fighting troops, Drivers, Operators, Gunners and other General Duties. While, in Services you could be enrolled on General Duties, Operators, Drivers etc services.
- For checking your Eligibility for the post category, Registration and Submission of online form, you may check complete details here on the page Army Bharti Online Registration Form and Eligibility Online.
- To know about the Selection process, PFT, PMT, Physical standards (Height, Chest and Weight), Medical exam, Relaxation, Bonus marks etc check the latest information on the page Army Bharti Selection Process, Physical Fitness Test and Standards.
Soldier GD Exam Pattern
Soldier GD Written Exam will comprise of Objective Type questions (multiple choice) based on General Knowledge, General Science and Mathematics (10th level). The question paper will consist of total 50 Questions and every question will be of 02 Marks. To qualify the Soldier GD CEE you will have to secure minimum 32 Marks. If you’re a NCC ‘C’ Certificate holder then you’ll be exempted from the Common Entrance Examination (CEE).
- General Knowledge – 15 Questions (30 Marks)
- General Science – 20 Questions (40 Marks)
- Maths – 15 Questions (30 Marks)
- Maximum Marks – 100
- Passing Marks – 32
- Time duration – 01 Hour
Soldier GD Exam Syllabus
Syllabus – General Knowledge
Total 15 Questions (02 Marks each) will be asked from General Knowledge syllabus consisting the following topics:
- Abbreviations – National and International
- Sports – National and International
- Awards & Prizes – National Awards, Gallantry Awards, Nobel Prizes
- History – Important dates & Battles in Indian and World History, land marks of Indian History, National Movement
- Geography – Solar System Space exploration, The Earth principal peaks, Deserts, Rivers, Lakes and famous waterfalls, Geographical Tallest, Biggest and Longest etc
- Terminology – Geographical terms, Economic terms, Astronomical terms, Legal terms and Misc terms
- United Nations Organisation (UNO)
- Indian Armed Forces
- Indian Towns, States and UTs
- Institutions and Research Stations, International space Stations and Festivals of India and World
- Indian News Agencies and Dailies
- Continents and Sub Continents
- Inventions and Discoveries
- The Constitution of India
- Religious communities and Principal Languages
- National and International Days
- International Organizations
- Books and Authors
- The world of Plants and Animals
- Current Affairs and “Who’s Who”
Syllabus – General Science
Total 20 Questions (02 Marks each) will be asked from General Science syllabus consisting the following topics:
- Human Body – Food and Nutrition, Diseases and Prevention, Vitamins and their uses
- General Science – Questions related to Physics, Chemistry and Biology (based on fundamentals and day to day activities)
- Medical Terms
- Scientific Terms
- Scientific and Research Institutes in India
- IO/ Numeral Ability – Questions based on the ability of the candidates of age group ranging between 16 & 20 years
Syllabus – Mathematics
Total 15 Questions (02 Marks each) will be asked from Mathematics syllabus consisting the following topics:
- Arithmetic: Consisting of numbers, HCF, LCM, Decimal Fraction, Square Roots, Percentage, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Profit & Loss, Unitary Method, Simple Interest, Time, Work and Distance
- Algebra: Basic operations and factorization, HCF and LCM, Quadratic Equations
- Geometry: Lines and Angles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Parallelograms and Circles
- Mensuration: Area and perimeters of Squares, Rectangles, Parallelograms and Circles, Volume and Surface area of Cube, Cuboids, Cone, Cylinders and Sphere
Soldier GD Model Question Paper Download
Download Soldier GD Exam Model question paper or Sample paper in pdf format from the links provided below as provided by the Join Indian Army. You are advised to prepare yourself for the exam according to the syllabus and sample question papers with the help of different Books and Competitive Magazines. The syllabus and model question papers given on this page will be applicable for the both Soldier GD Open Rally and Relationship (UHQ) Rally.
You may check Exam Pattern, Syllabus and Model paper for all other post categories (Tradesman, Technical, Nursing Assistant, Clerk/ SKT etc) on the page Army Written Exam Pattern, Model Question Papers and Syllabus.
Also, Indian Army may soon implement computer based online test in place of written exam. Stay connected for any updates about the implementation of computer based test in Common Entrance Examination (CEE). If any change occurs for Soldier GD Exam then the related information will be updated on this page after confirmation.
Soldier GD Model Question Paper
Soldier GD Model Question Paper
Search any information available on this site by the help of Google custom search box above. You may visit later for any latest updates related to Indian Army Soldier GD Bharti Exam, GD Syllabus, Pattern, CEE Model Question Paper etc.